Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Is this a dry, serious blog?

Why, yes, it will be, if you help me to make it so.

After years of being excluded from the "what's your second masters in?" club--a favorite of academic librarians everywhere--I finally embarked on the journey to club membership. So, almost 9 credits into the 36 needed for the degree called "Masters in Instructional Technology in Education with a Concentration in Instructional Design" (minus the 6 credits that transferred from the first masters), my mind is starting to get full. To empty some of it, I need to wonder out loud here, with you.

Getting a second masters has prompted me to read some things--a lot of things, actually. Some of the things I read were about blogs, along with many other technologies with which I've not had direct experience. I now have to get a smartphone, participate on the wikis to which I belong, learn a bunch of web authoring and multimedia tools, create an e-portfolio and figure out how to use e-portfolios for authentic Information Literacy assessment, step up the librarian - faculty collaboration....well...the blog seemed like a good first step.

No comments:

Post a Comment