Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Back from hiatus

OLE!

Back into the ring, for the final push to June 2014.

Online Learning Environments this term, complete with a new version of Bb, a new research proposal to devise by Feb 1, and lotsa new readings.

I have no idea what to research.

Or, better stated, I have a lot of ideas for what to research, but I don't think any of them are going to work.

What do I want to know? Let's see:
  • How can an instructor using an OLE allow undergradute students who hate to write express their learning and growth without having to write on a blasted discussion board all the time?
  • How do learning preferences affect the ability of people to learn effectively in an OLE, assuming the OLE is a good OLE? (found a couple of things on this topic)
  • What faculty development issues are the most important in relation to effective teaching in an OLE?
  • Can an OLE be used effectively for faculty support and development? I know that Penn State made a community of practice.
What about my own asynchronous communication behavior?
  • If I don't like to write early in the week on the discussion board, but prefer to first read what the early posters write and then respond to it on say, a Wednesday or Thursday, it that selfish of me?
  • Am I  therefore a bad classmate because I'm not a blurter and am incapable of thinking quickly, and prefer to learn from everyone else's posts without contributing right away? (Assimilator)
  • What if I do my best to compensate for my selfishness by sharing resources I've found through the reading and researching I've been doing, while not posting to the discussion board?

No comments:

Post a Comment