Thursday, January 24, 2013

Still no idea what to research

Maybe I want to research everything. Is that bad? I guess so.

Ok, I'm going to settle on "online pedagogy" and see how much of the other topics I want to research I can stuff under that umbrella. Subtopics, I think they're called, right?

Thinking in circles, I've simply come back to the same conclusion: what goes in to being an effective online instructor? Through what lens or which lenses should I view this question? How can I avoid researching MOOCS, because although indulgently interesting, they are not as close to my practical reality as they are for other people?

I'll leave the MOOCS for the future research or discussion part.

Social constructivism's progression to MOOCish connectivism. What a strange word. It seems to need a lot of technology to work, putting the technology front and center again, as a cure-all for learning. I just read an article that used the word "ironic" in reference to connectivism, because the OLE members in the MOOC were more disconnected than connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment